“You don’t take a photograph, you make it” – Ansel Adams.
Believe it or not, in this Digital Era, most of the pictures are edited. Whether you are a nascent photographer or a professional one, using the photo editing software brings out unbelievable results that are beyond everyone’s ingenuities. Moreover, sometimes we do like the photos that have no spark and we wish to edit them to get the most out it. If you’re one of them, here are top 8 software that a photographer should have.
1 Alien Skin Exposure X3
Alien Skin Exposure X3 is an advanced non-destructive “RAW” editor that is designed to help you to create gorgeous pictures. Besides rapid performance, comes handy for organizing images, and editing the images to turn into a masterpiece. Alien Skin Exposure X3 lets you use mind-blowing effects with hundreds of classy presets and with wide retouching tools.
Let’s have a look at its features:
- It offers a wide range of effects to give you the best editing ever.
- Alien Skin Exposure X3 comes with great image adjustment controls.
- It offers over 500 customizable presets for your creativity.
- The software comes with Photoshop and Lightroom plug-in support.
Canva is an amazing tool that lets you explore your creativity to design unbelievable pictures for yourself. Apart from stupefying graphics and fonts, the software comes with tons of other incredible features such as creative collage. In fact, you can caption your images by adding the vital information or you can change your mild-mannered house pet into a lolcat.
Let’s check out the features of Canva:
- Canva also provides drag & drop facility and professional layouts to design to turn your ordinary images into stunning graphics.
- The software supports speech bubble maker to give a voice to your captures.
- Apart from accessing over thousands element of your designs, you can also upload your favorite element to enhance your images.
- Canva offers tons of stupefying fonts to give a picture-perfect image.
Gimp is a fast, free and open source image editor that is available on Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Sun OpenSolaris, and GNU/Linux. It is a professional photo editing software that every photographer should have. Whether you are a photographer or do editing to look stunning in every picture, Gimp can get the job done for you.
Here are the features of Gimp:
- Gimp supports almost all the file formats such as GIF, JPEG (JFIF), TIFF, PNG, to special formats that used to enhance your pictures like multi-color-depth Windows icon files.
- With Gimp, you can easily eliminate unwanted details and objects using the clone tool and touch up minor details.
- With Gimp, you can fix the imperfection of the images to turn them into an art.
- You can customize and personalize the tool as per your convenience.
4 DxO Optics Pro 10
It is an extraordinary photo editor that photographers can use to convert their RAW images to JPG format. DxOOpticsPro is a multiple award-winning software that comes with easy yet powerful adjustment tools to change the picture you wanted to. DxO Optics Pro 10 works perfectly amazing with all the available operating systems.
Features of DxO Optics Pro 10:
- DxO Optics Pro 10 offers a free trial to try your hands on the software.
- The software works great to get high-quality results in a single click.
- With DxO Optics Pro 10, it possible to reduce noise in RAW files significantly while maintaining the other details and color.
- It supports “ClearView” feature that automatically eradicates atmospheric haze from your picture with ease.
PortraitPro is another one of the best and professional image editing software that lets you enhance your skin tone, reduce face blemishes, fix wrinkles, add eyeshadow and blush to give you natural young and flawless skin. PortraitPro also offers a guide for the better understanding of the photographer. It is trusted by more than 600,000 users across the globe.
Let’s focus on its features now:
- It comes with amazing makeup tools to manage your skin brightness, add lipstick, blush, eyeshadow and many more.
- PortraitPro comes with a user-friendly interface.
- The software brings tons of unique and patent applied for technology to improve the lighting in your portraits.
- You can also do the background editing with PortraitPro.
6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC is a reliable tool that supports advanced controls to make sure you look astonishing in each picture. You can simply organize your entire photos library on your desktop and share in a variety of ways. The software comes with the desktop editing tools that bring out the best in your regular captures.
Let’s have a look at its features:
- It is easy to use software.
- Like DxO Optics Pro 10, it also offers a free trial to understand how it works.
- It allows you to find images on any device fast with auto-tagging.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC lets you access and stores full-resolution images in the cloud.
Last but not the least, It is another software that a photographer should have to enhance the quality of the pictures. PhotoScape is a free and fun to use photo editing software that a user can use to edit pictures.
Here are the features of PhotoScape:
- With PhotoScape, you can create presets on your toolbar to edit your pictures quickly than ever.
- You can create slideshows and animated GIFs for your favorite pictures.
- It comes with tons of amazing features such as face finder ¸RAW to JPG converter, color picker and many more
- PhotoScape allows to batch edit multiple photos, combine, resize and split photos into pieces.
8 Duplicate Photos Fixer
No matter how laser focused you‘re, duplicate photos still creep into your Photos library. Moreover, Keeping over thousands of photos in your library hogs the majority of the storage space in our devices that make our devices slow and sluggish especially for professional photographers.
As the name reflects, Duplicate Photos Fixer helps to find and delete duplicate photos from your entire devices with a few click and save your storage space for something better.
Features of Duplicate Photos Fixer:
It is easy to use tool that is suitable to organize your photos library.
- Duplicate Photos Fixer offers an option to separately scan only those pictures which are captured through camera of your device.
- It supports duplicate file finder feature that allows you to delete replica pictures with auto marking to make the work easier than ever.
- The tool let you customize the matching level criteria as per your requirement to to find out more duplicate and similar photos.
Overall, all the above-mentioned software are reliable for photographers and for newbies as well. You can choose the software that fulfills your needs and requirements. If you think any other software deserves to be part of the list, then do not forget to let us know in the comments below.